- an American woman,
- a wife
- a mother
- a former legal secretary (until Migraines got so bad I had to quit.)
- one of more than 36 million Americans living with Migraine, a genetic neurological disease that can be debilitating
I have lost jobs and friends because of Migraine disease, and I am tired of the misconceptions, misunderstandings, and downright lies about it that grow and spread like a malignant fungus on the Internet.
There are some wonderful web sites full of accurate and helpful information, but for every one of those, there are two others full of misinformation…
- some posted by some who are trying to help but are too lazy to do the research needed to post accurate information.
- some sites done by doctors who have treatments that work for some, but these doctors have gotten so full of themselves that they have falsely labeled their treatments as cures.
- some written by people who found off-beat ways to defeat their own Migraines and now are sure that the medical community and pharmaceutical companies are conspiring to keep their “cure” from the rest of the world. Many of these people never saw doctors for their “migraines,” and may never have had Migraines at all.
Sadly, many of us who come to the internet looking for help for our Migraines have trouble spotting the bad sites. I have decided to talk about some of them as I come across them. I will be discussing them with a couple of doctors I trust before posting about them.